Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy...Busy...Busy

So the last couple of months we have been really busy trying to get our basement done, getting Mylee in her room, and trying to get the baby's room together. I think we are pretty close to having everything done and its a good feeling. Between trying to organize everything, painting, and cleaning it finally feels good to feel like there's not much left to do. Mylee was so excited to help paint her room and move into it with a new big bed just for her. She had so much fun helping us paint her room as well as the baby's room.
With the baby now coming soon we have been talking to her a little more about it. She seems to get excited with the idea of being able to help me take care of him. I know that it will definitely be an adjustment but we are hoping that it goes fairly smooth. She likes babies and she is at the age where she does like to be my little helper. She will be such a great Big Sister...although out of the blue the other day we had been talking about her birthday that is coming up and she told me I don't want my little brother to have any of my birthday cake. I had to laugh...the fact that she was worried about that was so funny. I told her he wont even be here yet on your birthday and plus he only drinks milk for awhile after he is here. And after that of course she hasn't probably even thought of it sense. She is so funny and some of the things that she thinks about and says just crack us up.
With only about 6 weeks left and definitely counting we are getting anxious to get the little guy here. A huge part of that may be that I am getting very tired of being pregnant. So the count down is on!!












7 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness! Those rooms are so adorable. I wish I had your knack for decorating! So glad to finally see an update. It has been too long since we've talked. I'm so sorry to hear there are still some concerns. I'll be thinking of you. It is so amazing to welcome your "other gender" child. It makes it so new and exciting to embark on a different type of journey with them. Good luck!

Courtney said...

So glad you finally did a much needed update! I was just about ready to send you a harassing text message. You look like you are all ready for this special little man to arrive and I can't wait to meet him. The kiddies rooms are ADorABle by the way!

Cassi Carlson said...

Graysen's room looks so cute, it wasn't all put together last time we were there! We can't wait for him to come either!!! Love to snuggle new babes! Love ya and hope these next few weeks go smooth for you guys!

Kassi Luck said...

Wow, you really have been rally busy. Mylee is getting so big and is absolutely adorable!! I cant wait to see little Grayson. am also sorry to hear how stressful it has been. I am sure everything will turn out. HOpe everything goes smoothly for you!!

Jillian said...

Your previous post made me cry!! You have faced so much and you have always kept a great attitude... I love love Graysen's room!! I can't wait to see it and your basement in person!!

Unknown said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you posted their rooms since I didn't get by to see them this last weekend.....soooo cute now do you want to come do Lincoln's and the baby's for me??!?!?!? j/k

Megan said...

wow your so good and all the decor!!! your amazing!!!! how is being prego???