Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sweetheart Tag


Where did you first meet your sweetheart?
Seventh grade, we had mutual friends.

What do you remember most about him?
Of course at that age, what else I thought he was cute! Was anything else supposed to matter??

Who asked who out first?
Jesse asked me out, but at that age it meant to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Not to go on a date. Yes, we started definitely to young I was in eighth grade when Jesse asked me out.

What were your favorite things to do together?
At that age make-out of course. J/K Well not really, but we also liked hanging out with friends, going to the movies, going to dances, hanging out with family, and just being together.

When was your first kiss with you sweetheart?
eighth grade, we were at one of my friends house, and got interrupted by her dad!

When did you first realize that you loved him?
Starting off so young, I think your perception of love at that age is completely different then when you are older. So I may have thought that I loved Jesse, but I definitely realized how much I loved him the summer that I graduated from High School. It seemed like our relationship took a different turn that summer. And more important things seemed to matter.

Who said it(I love you)first?
I really don't remember.

How did he propose?
It was just a normal night we were getting ready to do the usual, we had rented a movie, made some popcorn, and were going to hang out on the couch. Jesse went and put the movie on and to my surprise it was not the movie we had rented. It was a video that he had made of friends and family of ours, and asked them what they liked about me or something that stood out to them about me. And then at the end he told me of the reasons why he loved me and what he liked the most about me and then when that was over he proposed. It was cute and thoughtful and I have to give him props because he did surprise me and sometimes that can be hard to do because I try to find the surprise out before it happens. Good job Hon!

What are the two things you remember most about you wedding day?
It was the happiest day of my life, it could not have been any more perfect. I remember being in the temple and feeling so much peace and happiness.(True happiness) I loved everything. It was our day and I never wanted it to end. And to top it off the wedding night was just as good!!

I tag Courtnie, Ali, and Anna. And anyone else that wants to!!

8 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

okay okay. I think I'm going to cry. You wrote down TO cute of words for me to handle. You can tell how much you truly love Jesse. And you guys have been through it all. Who can say they've lasted since 8th/7th grade!! You are to cute!!!

Dave and Alisha said...

Wow I cant believe its really been that long.. Crazy.. so Michelle said you guys might me coming up soon?? let us know when you guys are going to be around so we can all get together.

Tricia said...

I love how he proposed! That is so sweet. I knew that you guys were high school sweethearts but I had no idea it went all the way back to 8th grade! That is so cool!

The Happening Hills said...

Cute story Jodi.... I am so glad you found my blog. Mylee is getting so big and is so cute! Keep in touch!

Ballard Family said...

That was so fun to read! I totally forgot about that video, we need to watch it again someday! I wish you could have been here for my B-day too that would have been fun. When are you and Jesse coming out to see Brock?
Oh, I got your card thanks so much :)

Doug & Stef said...

You two are such a cutsie couple but not the kind that you can't stand, but the kind you just love! I read this on Tricia's blog and I thought - oh I hope Jodi does this, I would love to read hers!

AG said...

You guys are so cute!!! i love those pictures of tramp and mylee. they are the cutest ever, and yes, i know exactly how you feel!!!
Ali

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Wow, I didn't know that you and Jesse dated since 8th grade! Crazy what you learn about people! Mylee is getting so big and is so cute. I love your post about Tramp and Mylee. Whitney has an obession with our dogs too. I think its so important for kids to get use to animals. I also love the srunchy face of Mylees too! I can't believe she already has teeth. Whit still has NO teeth. I can't decide if it's a bad or good thing, but she sure is onery soo hopefully a couple will break through soon!

Sorry, I didn't mean to write you a novel, but your little family is very cute. We need to set up another little playdate with the babies sometime soon!