Friday, February 20, 2009

And she's off...

Mylee started crawling this last week, I can't believe how big she is getting. The time is going by way to fast. She has been really close to doing it the last couple of weeks and just couldn't quite figure it out. But the starting of this week she got the hang of it, and now is very quickly realizing that she can get into everything. It is amazing to me how fast they pick up on things, and how they gravitate to the things that they shouldn't get into. You would think that she would want to play with all the toys that she has, but I think those are the least interesting for her. She goes straight for all of tramps toys. Poor dog is beside himself, no privacy anymore and all of his toys get taken from him. I guess he will just have to get used to it because she loves him and she goes straight for him. He doesn't know what to do so he just kisses the top of her head it is so funny to watch. I've been trying to teach her to wave good-bye, which she is getting the hang of. And to also give kisses, she is so funny when she does it because she'll open up her mouth and lunge right into your face. I love it, what a sweetheart!! I truly feel like life could not be any better, I have never felt a more fulfilling calling in my life than to be a mom. That's why one of my favorite sayings is simple pleasures are life's treasures, because i am starting to realize more and more that it is the simple things in life that matter most. Waking up to a sweet smile from your baby, getting a phone call or text from your husband just telling you that he loves you, coming home to a clean house(thanks hon you do that a lot), making the ones you love laugh(there is nothing better than hearing Mylee giggle)etc. I guess I just feel very blessed in my life. I am so thankful for our little family, I am beginning to realize that this is where I find my greatest joy and always will.




16 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow, she skipped right over the commando crawl! That is so funny. What a cute little girl. Now she needs to come over and give David some lessons. :0)

Ballard Family said...

How cute! Gosh she's getting so big! My Mom said you guys might be coming out here this weekend to see the babe, I didn't know where you planned on staying but you know you're always welcome here :) Hopefully we'll get to see you soon!

Sid and Michelle said...

I am so excited you guys are coming up this weekend. I can't wait to see you guys and to see Mylee crawling!!! She really is getting so big.

melissa said...

She is so big! Such a happy little girl!! I love the picture with Tramp's kisses. Precious!

Jillian said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute, i love the one of tramp kissin her forehead that is so precious!

Anonymous said...

It is crazy how fast they change. Matai is starting to walk...I can't believe where the time goes. Life sure is sweet huh! Call me, lets get together.

AG said...

Oh, I love her. She is so cute and fun. Love tramp too. We miss him!!! Can't wait to see her crawl in person.
Ali

Kassi Luck said...

She is so cute and I love the picture of tramp kissing her face!! How FUN!!

Ben and Marcie said...

Hi Jodi! I was blog hopping and ran into your blog. I haven't seen you forever! Your little girl is adorable! How old is she? Seeing your blog reminded me of the good old days, or should I say not such good old days at Wendy's :) Anyways, it's fun to see what you're up to!

Jed and Abbey said...

Ditto that! Your family is so sweet.

Happy Birthday today!

Love, Abbey

Doug & Stef said...

I must have been out of it and missed this post! you almost made me cry jod! that was too cute - you are a really good writer! And Milee almost looks tall in those pictures of her crawling haha!You are such a fantastic mom jodi - i love you!

Courtney said...

Miley must take after jesse, she is already learning to crawl. she is a fast learner, unlike her mother who I know is a slow learner. this is from courtney by the way...

Courtney said...

obviouly that last comment was not from "courtney" just so you know!

ALL ABOUT US said...

hey I'm so glad I found your blog! Mylee is SO cute! How are you guys doing?
Marlie

julie said...

Hi Jodi and Jesse,
Hi guys,it was so good to see you this past weekend. Thank-you for taking the time to come to Vernal and spend time with the family and for letting us enjoy little Mylee. She is such a little doll even if she does love Megan more. I just wish that I could be around her more and get to enjoy her but I do treasure the time we get to be together. I also want to tell you guys what great parents I think you are and what wonderful examples you are to me. Take Care and give little Mylee hugs and kisses from Grandma Julie.
I Love You,
Mom
P.S. Jodi, I think you would make a great English Teacher, so does Courtney---read her blog.

Unknown said...

hi Jodi

I just wanted to say that Mylee looks so cute in her little outfit and your necklaces. Well I just wanted to say that she is so cute.

love Taya